Cedocida DV Codec
Cedocida is an open source Video for Windows (VfW) DV-Type2-Codec.
- supported formats for in- and output: RGB, YUY2, YV12 (DV /
MPEG2-I / MPEG2-P)
- direct YV12 input/output without color shift, interpolation or conversion when using "YV12 (DV)"
- optional forcing of selected input and output format
- settings for picture quality and compression methods
Screenshot of configure dialog box:
Description of selected settings:
- force input format
If enabled, the encoder/decoder only accepts the selected
format for input/output. This could result in an error message
if the used application does not support this format.
When disabled, the selected format is only the primary suggestion
for the application that uses this codec.
- *YV12 chroma sampling
The YV12 format is a planar YUV color format with 4:2:0 subsampling.
The position of the chroma samples differs with the compression
standard using it.
Using the first option (DV), the pixel data is directly feed to
or from the the compression algorithm without color shift, interpolation
For (MPEG 2 non interlaced) and (MPEG 2 non interlaced) the data
is preprocessed or postprocessed in order to match the given color
Some remarks on "YV12 (DV)" input/output option in combination
with NTSC video:
Because NTSC DV uses 4:1:1 subsampling type, you will see weird
color when viewed with a normal YV12 program which assumes 4:2:0.
This is no bug. If you need YV12 format for producing DVD content,
use the option "YV12 (MPEG 2 *)".
- Uncompress the archiv to a temporary place.
- Right click on "cedocida.inf" and select install
- Released Cedocida 0.2.3
- added support for DVCPRO25 and DVCPRO50
- reworked VfW driver code
- fixed settings on Win7 x64
- Released Cedocida 0.2.2
- fully support of 64bit operating systems
- fixed generation loss in color due to yuv422-to-yuv411 subsampling
- fixed rgb-to-yuv colorshift
- added means for setting the "16:9" flag in encoder and GUI
- fixed other bugs
- Released Cedocida 0.2.0
- fixed multithreading issues
- ported to Visual Studio 2005 (Express)
- fixed bugs in inf file and added install/uninstall support for x64 systems
- fixed other minor bugs
- Released Cedocida 0.1.7
- Fixed: bug in encoding/decoding right border of interlaced ntsc video
- Fixed: bug in encoding if frame activity is too high
- Fixed: bug in DIF-Header, wrong position of video-packets
- Fixed: minor bugs in GUI
- New: encoding and decoding of NTSC video
- Fixed: bug concerning U-V-color-swap of YV12 encoding/decoding
- Released Cedocida 0.1.5